Quote:
1 - I havent seen a post on here by him, instead he hides behind the board admin and moderators.

Well, most people probably answer users before him anyway. He spends a lot of time working on mIRC, and I'm sure you can appreciate how many emails he has to sift through. He does, occasionally, find the time to answer queries, but I've noticed it tends to be more in the Bugs section etc where it's more related to the actual mIRC client rather than helping with IRC in general. I'm also sure he knows his opinion would only be met with argument after argument, therefore, draining more of his time in replying - and let's face it, with the stubborn people that hang around here, he would never win.

Quote:
2 - Who are the beta testers are they just friends of his?

To be honest, I have no idea who the Beta Testers are. But then again, thinking about it, who else would you have testing unreleased versions of mIRC? It has to be people who Khaled, or high-up mIRC team members like Krejt, truly and deeply trust - otherwise, they could have people going off telling anyone and everyone what new features are coming up.

Quote:
3 - He tends to say in the release notes "as requested blah blah feature added", who requests this, I no know one who has requested the stuff he adds and no one on here seems to have requested it either so I come to the conclusion its his personal group of friends who make the requests.

I rarely frequent the Requests board, usually only when I have nothing else to do. A lot of the time it's minor little requests that are obviously not going to be at the top of his list..like changing borders of edit boxes or something silly. Anyway, I'm sure he takes a mixture of some of the requests from that board, and his personal friends requests, and then adds something he'd like to himself in his client.

Quote:
4 - Ignores requests on here, why no patch for 6.03? 6.1 should have been 7.0 as it was a major gui change.

See my argument for this here.

Quote:
5 - having come to the conclusion mirc is a program he has written for personal use and for the use of his friends, which he charges for to hope to get cash for, then I will never pay for it, but if I seen khaled posting on here answering queries then I might change my view. (he would be coding this anyway without anyone paying dont be fooled into he relies on the income)

The first mIRC released were in fact for himself. He released it to the public to see what other people thought of it, and it became extremely popular, and still is. Instead of just never paying for it, how about just never using it? I am sick to death of seeing these people whinge and whine about Khaled, and not pay for their copy (and then moan about the dialogue box) - and then have the audassity to use his program, as if it's some human right! And actually, it does cost money to continue making mIRC, and if you had investigated even more, mIRC is the way he makes a living (perhaps other things too, but mIRC plays a big role in his yearly pay salary).

Quote:
Am i wrong? feel free to correct me khaled, but I only expect board mods to be trying to correct me.

Yes you are. Khaled may or may not post here, I hope he does, but if he doesn't it's probably because of the reasons above. Remember, Khaled is in general a very quiet person anyway - he doesn't accept interviews or lucrative deals to sell mIRC etc etc, he keeps himself to himself. It's fine by me, plenty of people are knowledgeable enough to answer you.

Happy chatting (with mIRC)

Regards,

Mentality/Chris