If you think this is such an easy task, please write it for me. Write a channel central replacement that has the ability to allow the user define which modes are used on which channels, which of those modes support a "list" style attribute (like +beI), etc.

I didn't say a dynamic channel central was easy to script. I said a channel central was easy to script, including a listbox for +b. grin I did my first about three years ago and did a terrible job, even though it did actually work. Later on that year I made a better one which worked alot better. Then I made another which included all the oper modes and a few other handy things. My next one will be dynamic and work from CHANMODES (where available) and where not available it will operate to a default mode (probably CR's modes since CR has the most comprehensive feature set and since it is my 'home' network and since most that use my script also use that network) and I bet my left jatz cracker that I can script it in. See me about this in about six months and I will give you a progress report. Never challenge me to do anything because it will just make me more determined to make sure I am right.

You said in another post that you were in a debating club or whatever, I am also keen on following politics and know how to say my piece convincingly (to most anyway). If it's a duel you are looking for you have chosen the wrong specimen.

Ohhhh BTW: CHANMODES=bouv,k,lOMN,cdejimnpqrstzAJLRU

To quote the proposed numeric 005 standard (work in progress): "The IRC server should not list modes in CHANMODES which are also present in the PREFIX parameter

I guess that some coders do not wish to fall in with someone elses PROPOSED (work in progress) standard.