No one is saying "channel ops should never have such an ability" we are saying WHY should they?

That is the same question really. You are asking me to justify why such a restriction is necessary however that is not my role or even my aim. I am just confirming that it's there and that it has its uses. Look at, say, MSN. They have a global webchat restriction, aside from the ability to trick the software in mIRC of course. CR can do the same thing. The room mode +j just means that the function can be used at a local level instead of server-wide so I don't have a problem with it. I can't see why it is hard to accept given that most networks don't run the function anyway.

So +j is no more accurate than doing a CTCP version and seeing if it says mIRC. If someone wants to trick CR, they can do it.

Yes, there's ways around it, as I said before. There's also ways for opers to discover the tricks so while it's easy to trick the software it is also easy to get caught doing it. We could sit here all night and argue for/against the +j option however it's not going to get us anywhere because the function has been around since CR was first developed.