Well, I would think, considering the type of people we are (programmers, real hackers, the creators of the digital world), that you owe it to yourself to answer these questions rather than just taking it with a grain of salt.

I don't fall into any of the above catagories, I'm an engineer and like playing with dangerous voltages instead and since you don't seem to understand English very well I will repeat myself using more eloquence:

CR IS NOT MADE BY ME SO I CAN NOT SAY WHY THEY ADDED THE +J FUNCTION.

I don't know why Henry Ford painted all his cars black either. But like +j, it just happened that way and when he was questioned he'd just say "You can have any colour you like, as long as it is black." It's a salesman's way of saying, if you don't like the colour choice then buy a Tarrant or Rolls Royce.

Why don't you do something realistic and email Webmaster's for an official response? If at the end of the day you are still offended by the function then you really shouldn't be using IRC.

What praytell is the problem anyway? It is a function that can be used to restrict or classify room usage, just the same as +m, +R, +i, +k, +AM <#Roomname>, +N <#Roomname>, +O <#Roomname> and maybe a few others I don't immediately recall. I could also set bans and restrict people using certain scripts, especially those that come off the factory floor with a preset user ID and a chatter that has no real idea of how to change it to avoid the ban. I could also restrict the channel to block AOL lusers. I could also auto-kick anyone who has a Guest nick. Most of these can be done on any server in the world and it is indeed quite common and expected that some or all of the above happens.

By the way, they are chips, not fries. :tongue: