Im not contradicting myself:
Quote:

The main benefit would not be saving a DLL download as most dialogs still include other external resources such as icons, that's why i kept hammering on the fact not having to download the dll is irrelevant. But to make grounds in dialog support without too much effort.

Actually i said that by supporting DCX Khaled implements alot of dialog feature requests in a shorter period of time. Even if DCX comes to a hold with the new features it would still be up to par. This doesn't mean feature requests/bugs for dialogs will become nonexistent i'm not that disillusioned, but a great deal would be covered.

Quote:

A script shouldn't state "get DCX", it should come packaged with the dependencies it needs...... If it means adding half a meg to your download, it's the choice you made when you decided to use the library to begin with. I'm not sure why you're treating scripters like victims here.

Agreed, my point was not: 'Oh a lot of scripters do not like packaging external files so it must be included' but rather 'Scripters push themselves in a victim role, when this is totally unnecessary'. I can honestly say that i didn't put those sidelines as a pro for including DCX (they would be very weak arguments, why not throw in fmod_mirc.dll etc..) but to generally state the feeling that's amongst alot of scripters how wrong they may be.

In the end I didn't mean to come off as over exaggerating, i just see missed opportunities. While I may think packaging external files is no problem, if it were easier for mIRC users to install them they would be used a lot more. One of the reasons our community isn't that big is that scripts, especially for new people can be really confusing. I'm just keen on the idea of standardized addons/plugins because it's a win win situation for both Khaled and the scripting community. Growth in popularity / usability & functionality and a larger offset 'market' respectively.

Then again i wouldn't make a big deal if neither were included if i would I'd have created new feature requests smile

$maybe