I don't disagree that it will make it easier for people who use it. Like I said, though... relatively speaking, not that many people use voice/video in IM, so why would a large percentage use it in mIRC? I am sure people would try it for a short time when it's first added and then the majority would no longer use it except rarely. That isn't based on research, but I give that assertion a 90% chance of being correct. wink

All other clients try to be mIRC. That just goes to show that mIRC is #1 with or without such things. Even when other clients have emoticons, mIRC is still #1. Why is that? If emoticons make so much difference, why is mIRC still #1? Sure, some people leave for other clients, but that is just the fringe and hardly something to be worried over, imo.

I don't use such things (obviously), but in one of the past webcam/voice feature requests, a link was provided to a script that did full duplex voice and video. I don't have it anymore because I don't use it. The link will be in one of those threads, though.

Personally, I don't have much in the way of feature requests. I love mIRC as it is. I don't know what I personally need. However, things like UTF8 are functional (they allow people using other languages to use mIRC). Things like emoticons are purely aethetic (they don't do anything except make it look "fancy" or "cute"). Things like voice/webcam are functional, but I stand by my belief that the percentage of users who would actually use it continually will be so small that it won't really be functional to more than 5-10% of users -- if that. UTF8 is functional for 40%+. Again, these are just best guesses. I'm not going to take the time to do research on the issue.

I could be wrong and I admit that. But I don't think I am. As I mentioned, the percentage who use video/voice in IM is also relatively small. Voice is used more on games than on any other online application. Video is used mainly as a way to record something to distribute, not for "live" displays. That isn't *always* the case, but from all of the contacts I have on 4 IM networks, that's what I have seen. Webcams being used to communicate back and forth was really just a fad 5-10 years ago and is fading out of existence. For awhile, you had computers coming with webcams built in... it's rare to find that these days because it is a dying fad.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net