Looking back ill take back what i said earlier about not saying anymore about it.

Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Ugh is right. smile
The main reason people disagree with doing these, even if they can be disabled, is because there are other things that the programming time can be spent on that would probably be a better use of time than trying to do all that silly IM stuff. This *isn't* IM and shouldn't be compared to IM.

Let me first state that I personally would probably not even use Voice/Cam anymore these days.
Saying IRC and IM's shouldn't be compared seems really really odd to me. Even if they're two different things doesn't argue how voice/cam support wouldn't be beneficial to mIRC.

They're both in essence textual chat protocols. The difference being in a textual sense IRC is far more open as its a public meeting ground. IM software is NOT used as a meeting ground, you add people you know. This is where mIRC could step up without trying to be an IM knock-off. It would actually fill a gap thats not been filled on the net.

For instance i met my girlfriend trough IRC. With her living in England and me originating in Holland we both relied on IRC/Voice/Chat/Phone for a considerable time before i actually moved over to England. Since we both knew the same people on the IRC channel we met on we were both on mIRC constantly talking publicly and trough PM. Alot of times however its nicer to have a face and a voice to someone, especially the girl you love, so we scooted off to Yahoo (It's web cam support is brilliant). Would this have been available on mIRC i personally would never have even downloaded Yahoo Instant Messenger.

I cannot think of any reason why mIRC shouldn't be enriched with these feauture's.
I dare you to come up with "other things that the programming time can be spent on that would probably be a better use of time" that could possibly have the same impact on what mIRC can offer.

$maybe