Originally Posted By: Riamus2
I was actually referring back to many other posts on the subjects, where it was constantly compared with IM. smile

I agree that programming time spent on bugs is much more important than adding emoticons (which have no real value other than aesthetic) or voice/video (which aren't really a text chat feature to begin with). Other features, such as improved scripting functions would be more beneficial in the long run to people.

Whether it's added or not, I've stated that I don't really care. I'd rather see more important things done than those and I really don't believe Khaled will add voice/video to mIRC anyhow, but I don't really care if it's added as long as it's possible to fully disable.

Only to scripters, since most things can be done with dlls if not with scripting so the end user of a script knows no different.

Adding voice/video would add two extra ways to communicate with people. That will make mIRC's usefulness improve threefold. Adding emoticons would give it a bit of a more modern interface and help it look like it doesn't belong on windows 95.