I finally got it to work. Actually it wasn't difficult. I just typed in the wrong nick: /dcc chat +nick instead of /dcc chat nick.
I literally copied the nick stated in the right window. What are those signs for really?

The odd thing is: I first have to trigger the /ctcp, then it says that I have to listen to port 59, and after that when I type in /dcc chat nick then I can get in.

If I only type in /dcc chat nick, I just chat with that person and no files are visible to me. Or it could be that the fileserver was too busy!

Anyway, thanks for you support!

EDIT: actually it didn't work.
I could get into their server, and see their files and even browse and retrieve the file:

It said Sending File. But after a second: Sending Failed. Disabling the firewall didn't work either.

What's the problem this time??? It has something to do with their firewall I think. Because after trying to get the file, again I get a firewall notice about port 59.

Send has failed on try 1 of 3. Type /ctcp seaburnt NoReSend to cancel any further attempts. Attempting to ReSend... - SysReset 2.53

Last edited by katchum; 05/09/06 02:34 PM.