Quote:

It is worth noting that mIRC differentiates between identifiers that take parameters and those that don't when choosing between built-in identifiers and custom aliases.

I know that. I bet you assume I didn't know that because I requested for $noop() to be unoverridable. I request that because I am keeping in mind the way $null() currently acts with its overridable behaviour! I'm sure you will argue that it's because there is also a $null (without parameters) and there wouldn't be a $noop without parameters, but unless it's implemented we won't know how it will be. What I'm saying is that if it gets implemented, I don't want it to be overridable. If it turns out that this wouldn't ever be an issue anyway, well great, even better.

Quote:

Given the fact that mIRC is often modified with backwards-compatability for scripts in mind, it would seem to be a break with tradition to treat /noop specially. Due to that, and the points made by previous posters, I would prefer that this was left alone.

Why is backwards compatibility a factor here? /noop has only been introduced with the last version. In fact many people are still clinging on to .16 waiting for a bugfix release. Besides, it's not like mIRC hasn't ever broken scripts due to changes, remember $null's behaviour changing in an older version, which broke a lot of scripts. I'm not saying my argument is better than yours, rather that both our arguments aren't really an argument, as examples of both cases exist.

Gone.