Sorry, at the time that I was writing my reply, I did not have the source handy (nor do I now :tongue:), but I am indeed catching the WM_CLOSE message instead of WM_DESTROY and using PostMessage after restoring mIRCs original WndProc, lol. That's simple stuff that you think of when coding, but not necessarily when typing a reply laugh.

At any rate, the reason I was thinking that mIRC stored the HMENU locally is because in GrimZ's menuedit.dll he states (in the docs) that he had to replace mIRCs original menu to stop mIRC from trying to redraw the commands menu . What i've now done (which i should have done in the first place) is used "depends.exe" on menuedit.dll and determined that it uses GetClass* RegisterClass and UnregisterClass (or whatever that API really is) and other such functions. I'm not entirely sure what this means, but i know that mIRC uses a resource based menu and that the mIRC Frame has the resource menu as it's "default" menu, which may be one of the things causing the problems, any suggestions? when i go home i'll post a full list of the APIs it uses from GDI32.

I think that there may be something involved with that smile, anyway, i g2g, thank you so much for your help, I hope you might be able to think of something i couldn't when i show you the list of APIs it uses.

-TheXenocide
ParseMPopup