That's fine you deleted the commands, they were a mere example of many various botnet scripts I've seen.

My whole point of showing an example was not to give anyone any idea to make one or go find a botnet but rather to show that like most scripts out there, it's very very easy to do.

I don't think DALnet will 'survive' as it used to, it will continue being hit until it's dead or atleast obliterated. They probably didn't expect DALnet to lose server links (atleast the ones that left) over it and since they did probably think that was "Cool" and want to see how many more they can make leave.

I also don't believe the attacks will stop after they're done with DALnet, but rather they will go to the next biggest networks (QuakeNet, EfNET, UnderNet, WebNet, etc) which various of them already suffer DDoS and have been recently hit from what I've read.

While I can agree with whoever said "kiddies" do not have an age limit, typically most are 11-15 from my expeirence, though I've seen many 18-35 too.

With all exploits and faults avilable for virtually everything the problem isn't going to be resolved without new protocols being made. I'm not referring to IRC, but the majority of ways botnets do packet people can be patched with newer protocols but that would definitly break the way many many things work.

Perhaps one day these people can find themselves working at an ISP that gets DDoS'd non-stop and can see what it really does other than "taking it down"; it's far worse than that.

- Linux System Administrator, Darktides Communications, LLC.