Well basically, what I'm saying is what is copyrighted? It's the exe file, not the contents of your PC's memory. The contents in RAM are changing millions of times per second. Everytime you move the mouse, the contents of RAM related to mIRC are no longer the same. So basically, what I mean is, you're not actually modifing mIRC. It would be like this (pointless example), 2+2 = 4, a computer can calculate that just fine. Now, if I go and rewire the hardware in such a way that it makes it say 2+2 = 3, have I broken mIRC's license agreement? I haven't touched mIRC, but I have changed the way mIRC will function. Every time mIRC tries to do 2+2, it will no longer get a result of 4, it will now get 3, which will alter the programs functioning. But like I said, I haven't touched the actual program. To the same respect, if I rewired my hardware so that when mIRC says "mIRC 6.1 ...." so that it says "Codemastr client 1.0" have I broken mIRC's license agreement? Again, I haven't touched mIRC, all I've done is tell the hardware to interpret what mIRC is asking for differently. IMHO the same holds true if I make the modifications as the memory level rather than at the circuitry level. Plus existing events sorta support my claim, don't you think Kazaa, a company that makes money when people use their program (the advertisers pay them) would have sued the people producing things such as Kazaa Lite if they thought they could win?