And even on a deeper issue than that, you can ask yourself if it's morally right or wrong to make personal modifications to the mIRC executable. What modifications are Okay because they only serve to improve the program, and which modifications are meant as a flagrant disregard for the author's right of recognition and compensation.

Correct, it would be impossible for Khaled to block certain types of modifications (like hexing out the version and sneaky trojan-like changes) while still allowing for others (such as translations and skinning other compatability adjustments).

There's certainly nothing wrong with Khaled adding integrity checks, it's certainly within his right-- but I think he should consider that people are still innocent until proven guilty, even though there are less innocent than guilty editing mIRC. Still, those determined to do so for the Wrong reasons will ultimatly succeed in doing so, while those who are less criminally minded will quickly give up with great disappointment.

- Raccoon

Last edited by Raccoon; 02/09/03 12:04 AM.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!