Quote:
Oh great, we can see some combat hardware in the latest and greatest imaging format.

Yes, the DoD only makes hardware. Ever heard of a little project known as ARPANet? Maybe you're more familiar with its new name, it now goes by "The Internet"? That was created by an agency known as ARPA (now known as DARPA). Care to guess what the "D" stands for? Yeah, thats right "Defense" as in the DoD. Oh and please don't say "I just went to dod.mil it uses gif" because you'd be right, however thats just because the change hasn't taken effect yet.

Quote:
Tell me something... Why have you and Starbucks brought up the Gimp v's Photoshop yarn when it's imaging we are (were) discussing.

It's really obvious you are in politics... You have a way of turning bullsh*ting into an art. When did I turn it into a PS vs GIMP debate? When did I say "GIMP is the best program in the world?" When did I say "the fact that GIMP doesn't do it makes PS much better?" I DIDN'T. Why did I talk about GIMP?

Quote:
Because every imaging editor that I know of

You clearly know of GIMP. So you lied. Not all of the image editors you know of support GIF. So don't take my words, and try and turn it into a flamewar because I responded to something you said. Now anyway, since you had to be a wise-ass. You're right the GIMP website does use GIF. Oh wait, I guess you just went there and right clicked the logo right? Didn't take the time to read the "The current design of this site was created more than five years ago. It looked good at that time, but both the web and the GIMP have evolved since then?" Of course not. Because if you had, you would have seen the provided link to the new GIMP website http://mmmaybe.gimp.org/. Care to guess what image format that uses? Yup that's right, PNG. What's my point? Sure you can find open source sites using GIF, and most of them are probably using it illegally, however I can just as easily find many using PNG.