Originally Posted By: Khaled
Update: on second thought, from a privacy perspective, it may not be a good idea to install a client certificate automatically. I found a discussion about this on Mozilla - click the two links at the bottom of the page for more information. However, I can add a "generate client certificate" button to the SSL dialog in mIRC that enables users to create client certificates easily if they need them.

Automatically creating a certificate for user in my opinion is definitely bad route to go. "generate client certificate" button to the SSL dialog is definitely better.

On same note the client certificate should not be presented to server without express autorization from user.

Also as far as privacy/tracking goes the cert could (should?) be representing rather the nickname than user, thus allowing me to use cert1 for network1 and cert2 for network2 and not sending out any cert for networ3 if I have not specified one for use in Server/Network settings for given network.

Least from personal standpoint if I'm limited with one personal certificate thus forcing me to uniquely identifying myself to every IRC Server I happen to connect I would rather do without the personal cert.

echo -a $signature