Originally Posted By: BhaaL
I don't think this is an issue of not having a robust script (in fact, I rolled my own which is less than a hundred lines; and that includes some very specific stuff that I just put in there for teh lulz), but for integrating it better into the Client application itself (since others do so, and many servers support it as standard feature).

That's what I was going for. mIRC is one of the very few clients these days that does not support SASL without an add-on, and it's also one of the few that doesn't have built-in authentication fields for users to easily auto-identify to services available on a network.

My network offers SASL, and we have it implemented so users can get around CIDR bans placed on problem hosts. We also provide SSLFP authentication, which is handled better in other clients as well, but it's a bit frustrating that it is simpler to walk a person through creating a certificate and using it with mIRC than it is getting them set up with SASL.

Thanks to all of you for the updated script options. I'll be pointing people here for self-help along with the old script, since we've stopped supporting mIRC on our network for these and a few other issues.