Quote:
Not sure about making everyone a US-citizen in that cert tho.

I could make mIRC ask Windows for your geographical location and use that in the certificate. However, this information would then be available to IRC servers that you connect to using SSL. That said, auto-generating a private certficate does raise some privacy issues. Using a private certificate that is uniquely identifiable means that you can be tracked across networks, even if you change your nickname, IP address, use a VPN, and so on. Adding your actual country code to the certificate erodes that privacy that little bit more. On the other hand, it helps with authenticating your connection for different types of services.

Update: on second thought, from a privacy perspective, it may not be a good idea to install a client certificate automatically. I found a discussion about this on Mozilla - click the two links at the bottom of the page for more information. However, I can add a "generate client certificate" button to the SSL dialog in mIRC that enables users to create client certificates easily if they need them.