@Argv0: I am trying to improve this feature request and not hijack it by giving some extra opinions, also like your theory in this case there are many ways that this feature can handle.

1. A way to lookup how many mIRC program clients running into the specific machine (with any file name, like: mirc_test.exe or mirc.exe or mirc_anything_here.exe).

2. A way to lookup how many mIRC program clients running into the specific machine via specify the NAME of the program file (like the $proc($nopath($mircexe)).total above).

3. A way to lookup if any mIRC program client is running on startup (like the head suggestion) and activating it instead of opening a new client (that this can be done easy with $proc and not need to be added only this part).

So my opinion of the 3 ways that i gave you is to add an identifier like $prop example and then with this identifier you can do and the other 2 ways that i gave but if you follow any other way of the 3 above then you cannot do the other 2 ways, so at which part my suggestion does not have the correctly point into this feature request?

Examples using $proc:

1)
Code:
ON *:STAT: {
  if ($proc($nopath($mircexe)).total !== 1) { DO_STUFF }
}

2)
Code:
ON *:STAT: {
  if ($instances !== 1) { DO_STUFF }
}
alias instances { return $proc($nopath($mircexe)).total }

- Thanks!

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-