Raccoon: If you calculate pretty much any little thing that is transmitted by a server then show how much it is for the day, it will seem like a lot. If you're going to show examples like that, you need to give people a means of comparison, not just leave it at that.. That's useless statistics.

Actually, these are not useless statistics... It is a script writer's responsibility to take into consideration how their script will effect a server or network on a global scale. Just like programming something to make efficient use of CPU usage, you have weigh desire vs need and take resources (and their friendly use) into consideration.

I wasn't aware Khaled already added what Nimue pointed out, but thats the best method to use. Uses zero server resources, and more accurate as far as the channel is concerned.

- Raccoon

PS. I forgot to give my example so you can compare with...
Recap: Every 5 minutes you have 100 people querying 100 lines from the server at 150 characters per line. Now imagine a channel with 100 people in it, and each person says 100 lines every 5 minutes. That's 2000 lines a minute, or 33 lines a second.

Last edited by Raccoon; 24/05/03 04:42 AM.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!