ok, the "/who" suggestion wasn't very well thought out.. I've never really analyzed the info that's stored in a "/who" query, so I didn't realize it didn't even show whether the person was away or not. (I assumed it was viable when codemastr suggested it as 'the way' of getting away info on everyone in the channel)

From what I can see, I don't think there is any viable solution using the current IRC protocol. Unless there is a "user list" that is limited to like 10 people, and "/whois"s are done on them periodically.

Raccoon: If you calculate pretty much any little thing that is transmitted by a server then show how much it is for the day, it will seem like a lot. If you're going to show examples like that, you need to give people a means of comparison, not just leave it at that.. That's useless statistics.

--edit
I forgot to mention that perhaps mIRC could just gray out names that haven't shown activity in that channel for a certain amount of time, or perhaps go by their global idle (for all common channels, query windows, notices, or ctcps). (the "greyed out" color could be set in the colors setup of course). The name could be grayed out in the nick list, query windows, channel windows, or all of the above.

Last edited by BoredNL; 24/05/03 01:51 AM.

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]