Yeah, an ASCII representation wouldn't be as difficult. However, considering the OP stated that he would click on it to expand it, I think the intention was that it worked like a tree view control. There are a variety of ways to accomplish the same basic thing using existing scripting. My comments were based solely on adding a tree control for ignore. "Hiding" text with color or using a hotlink method with a custom window or even making use of $tip with hotlinking could do the same kind of thing that what was requested without any change to mIRC.

Now, if a tree control were someday added, I could see the benefit of using that to group all messages from a person (in a row) and minimize those. For example, someone (bot or spammer or someone who just talks a lot) sends 10 lines without anyone talking in the middle. You could "minimize" that group of text so you'd see something like:

-<user1> hello
+<user2>
-<user3> hey!

Or even a way to minimize all text from a user temporarily (for hiding bots when you just want to look at conversation). I see more use out of that than for ignoring people. In any case, I don't think this would happen.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net