Not trying to step on anyone's toes here. Not sure why I'm being passive aggressively attacked. :p

At any rate, I am fully aware that wine needs improvement. I never implied that mIRC was at fault running buggy under Wine. I'm not retarded. I know that wine isn't perfect and there is no WAY I would want Khaled to actually patch mIRC to make it better under wine...that would be insane. I have made bug reports on wine, but here's the thing: (1) I don't have the programming experience to work on this stuff (I'm a web developer dude...I know HTML, CSS, PHP...none of these are C++) and (2) I don't particularly have the time. I'm not even trying to attack it, what I'm ACTUALLY trying to say, which all of you replying seem to have completely missed, is that I'd like to see a NATIVE Linux client. Running programs under wine is a hack. Period. So most of your posts are irrelevant because I'm not here complaining about how wine sucks. I was illustrating a point. I get that making a Linux port would be a PITA and I fully appreciate that situation. Furthermore, people like you guys that tell me to fix it myself aren't helping the situation. I've seen that happen to other people on Slashdot and you aren't contributing to the discussion. Me voicing an opinion isn't a place for nerd rage and telling me to just fix it myself. That's not practical. It gives nerds a bad name. "Fuck off do it yourself" is the reason most normal people don't want to use Linux.

So I'm not sure why you're all being so hostile. I wasn't trying to imply that the developer is lazy, milking us, the cause of wine issues, or really...anything that anyone thus far has mentioned. Maybe you're just used to idiots coming here and bitching about things completely at random and posting the same topic in every subforum? I guess I can understand that. I merely wish to see a Native Linux mIRC because no matter how good wine is? It's never going to be as good as a native program.

Also I don't think Khaled has done a bad job at all. There's a reason I'm running mIRC in Wine when I'm on Linux. Kicks all the other's asses. Keep it up, by all means. If I come off as a complainer, I apologize. I like using programs that are multiplatform. I try to run as many OSS programs as possible because I can USUALLY find them under both Windows and Linux and I use both of those a lot. I'm not just here bitching to see my name show up next to the post...I'm making a valid point. On the other hand, I'm probably just beating a dead horse. I will admit my ignorance on any current betas or development. Didn't really see anything in the news section (which doesn't get updated much) and I really only come here to update the app.

So let's all calm down. No needs to get up in a fury here. I'm not attacking anyone here as some of you seem to think. It's cool guys. I love mIRC. Seriously.