Looks like we have found someone to do all the job for free for all of us then.

I would like to see you live like that for 1 or 2 years.

There are a lot of open source chats that needs hands to work on it, maybe you should ofer yourself for it.

If you like Mirc, lets keep it the way it is, been developed by someone that does the work well, lives from it and keep the project alive.

Regards

Originally Posted By: webhead
I'd like to see it go Open Source mostly because the current developer has pretty well ruled out support for any other platforms. I mean I can completely understand that (quite an undertaking that would be), but it still sucks. However, if there was more than one person helping out, I think we'd see a little more support in that arena. Yeah, mIRC KIND of works in wine...but it's buggy as hell. It'd just be nice to have a native mIRC app for Linux and see the development jump forward a little. I also understand it won't make me coffee and clean my house overnight, but I don't think it'd be worse off. As someone else already mentioned, the last version was in 2008.

Maybe we do need to wait until he's done making money off of it and such. I have no problems with that...he made it. I just hope when development finally goes dead, he does us all a favor and open sources it.