Quote:
What is happening is that the driver is sending scroll messages to the MDI client window and the MDI client window is then doing what it should be doing

Ahh, so this IS supposed to happen. One behaviour or the other, please? In that case why did you say the following earlier?

Quote:
There are no circumstances under which mIRC will scroll the MDI client window (the MDI window has that feature by design but mIRC does not use it).

It seems to me you have not been answering my questions, but instead making statements that contradict eachother when put into their perspective: mIRC

My questions were:
1. Under what circumstance is it appropriate for the windows to be moving around this way within mIRC?
2. Under what circumstance is it appropriate for mIRC to be handling window messages incorrectly, or not at all?

Here's my next ones:
1. Does mIRC overrides default behaviour here: the MDI window has that feature by design but mIRC does not use it? If so, then why isn't it doing a complete job of overriding the default behaviour?
2. Are there any other areas where mIRC should (and does) override a controls' default behaviour? If so, why?

Last edited by s00p; 23/01/10 01:47 AM.