I have this same sort of issue... I've already posted to a topic someone started on the Windows 7 forum but there's no replies at all so far.

I know it's not scripts because... mine has none besides the defaults. Tried clean installs-- It happens to me in every version back to 5.16 or so.

We found that it's specifically related to when a channel window is made inactive either through minimizing, alt+tab, clicking on the start menu, or switching away from the window in any manner. If you go back to mIRC and type quickly, it'll lag and sometimes not display until you move the mouse.

It types and displays perfectly until this is done.

This behaviour is also specific to each channel window (It doesn't happen in unique channel windows until you switch to them and change the active window).

I run AVG, so I also tried the exception mentioned earlier in this thread. I've also attempted to run it on compatibility modes for XP SP3 (The previous OS I used), SP2, Vista, and for kicks 2000 and 95. It makes no effect.

Otherwise it works beautifully, I've seen no other issues. As stated, it could be something in Windows 7, since it didn't do this to me in XP SP3-- But as I pointed out... the old versions around 5.16 and below don't do this.

Just for sake:
I'm currently using 6.35 edition re-installed
I'm running a Phenom II X4 955 3.2Ghz quad, 4Gb RAM, Windows 7 build 7100 RC, Sapphire Radeon 4870HD, Western Digital Caviar SATA 620Gb HD.

Last edited by kogitsune; 16/06/09 04:23 AM.