I use mIRC 6.35 successfully on Windows 7 too. However, i noticed a typing lag on a script i started making, then while i was trying to work this out i also noticed on my dcx sbar, the timers were going up up 2's even though the timer was supposed to update every second. I don't know what the problem was to be exact, but i run AVG 8.5 so i set an exception to the whole mIRC directory C:\mIRCscript and clicked apply, and bingo! It fixed the typing lag and the delay in the timer. So obviously the realtime scanning must have had something to do with this and maybe it's because of how Windows 7 works now. I can't say with certainty, but it worked for me.