The US and it's "occupied nations"? Last I checked the United States is not occupying any nations

Not nations, countries. And "not occupying" is just too funny to deserve a serious answer.

And in any case, please tell me when the US "occupied" England, Denmark, Switzerland, France, Spain, etc, etc.

Does your long list (apparently you did your homework well) claim that downloading any video files for personal entertainment or educational purposes is illegal in all countries in the world? Fortunately, it doesn't, which leaves you without the right to assume that your definitions of "legal" or "illegal" automatically apply to everybody.

You are talking about owning a gun and buying drugs as being comparable to stealing. They aren't the same.

I never said they were the same. Just like I never compared downloading video with robbing banks (though I know someone who did).

What I said was that things legal in one country might turn out illegal in another, and vice versa. The original poster may deserve a warning, but noway flames and prejudgement.

Go before a judge and say "Well Your Honor, I may have robbed the guy, but in Russia, they can't have guns, yet they won't consider us criminals in the US for having guns. Just the same there are nations that allow robbery, so why should I be considered a criminal?" At which point, in the best circumstances, you'd get off by reason of insanity, in the worst case, you'd be laughed out of the courtroom.

That's what happens when vivid imagination meets perverted logic. Read slowly:

1. Our court judges according to our local state laws.
2. There aren't any universal "state laws" across the Net.
3. You aren't my judge.

If you honestly think he was looking for videos of someone's wedding, then bluntly put, you are either trying to start an argument, or you are a fool.

When people like you start to imply things and "think up" facts, anything may happen (even an armed act of "liberation" against a sovereign state).

Can you stop thinking for others, for a change, and let them speak for themselves? Oh, I guess you cannot - here you come up with a bunch of "evidence":

You know as well as we all do that he was intending to download illegal files. And if he wasn't, why doesn't he just come back and say "I want to download a friends videos, not illegal stuff, can you help me now?" But guess what? He never did that, and in my mind that means he realizes it is illegal and realizes we aren't going to help him with it.

I simply don't know what kind of files he was thinking of. He owes me nothing and is responsible for his thoughts and actions. But he didn't deserve all the Pharisaism and hypocrisy that followed his simple, valid and legal question, which possibly scared him away.

Sincerely,
Necroman, #mIRC @ Undernet