Quote:
mmmk .. and I just bet you're pc wouldn't have anything like that on it now would it .. uh huh

My pc is 100% warez free. Every mp3 I have was ripped directly from a CD that I purchased. Any software I have I paid for. As a software developer, I know what it feels like when people steal my work, I don't want to do the same to others.

Quote:
well .. my point is, if they think it's wrong and are not going to help .. then they shouldn't reply at all

There is a different between right/wrong (morality) and legal/illegal (legality). Regardless of whether you agree with it, in the US, copyright infringment (including transfering warez or mp3s) is illegal. So why should we not tell him this? It is your opinion that if you see someone committing a crime, and they may very well not even know it is a crime, you shouldn't tell them? In the US there is an old legal saying, "ignorance is no excuse." If he got arrested for copyright infringment, he couldn't simply tell the police "I didn't know it was a crime," they don't care. Whereas, now that he has been informed that it is a crime, perhaps he will decide he doesn't want to do it, because before he didn't know it was a crime. If someone informed me of something I was doing wrong, I would be grateful, I wouldn't be angry. Thats like saying you see someone walking across the street with their eyes closed and you shouldn't say to them that it isn't a good idea simply because they don't want to be told they are wrong. Additionally, if you don't like to be told what is right/wrong I suggest you move to a remote island that no nation has claims to. One of the things a government does is decide what is right and wrong for its citizens. If you don't like that, either write your representitive, or leave the country, don't tell me I shouldn't point out someone elses error in an attempt to have them reform simply because you don't like the laws.

Furthermore, DaWickedOne has yet to reply saying "thanks for nothing" "I don't care whether it is illegal or not", or the like, so why do you feel the need to speak on his behalf? If he is dissatisfied with the answer we gave him, I'm sure he is more than capable of telling us himself rather than having you do it for him without his consent.