I am trying to be civil but it isn't easy. This message board is undoubtedly the least mature group and most closed minded of people I have ever met in a discussion board.

Quote:
Well umm... why isn't anyone here saying "I NEED XMIT BECAUSE I SHARE PROJECT FILES OVER IRC!!!" I have yet to hear a single person argue that. So either a.) you made it up, or b.) those people think DCC SEND is just fine for their needs.

Did you ever think that I was one of those people? If you include me and my team (yes, I am a lead profesional programmer and I do have teams) then there are 10+ people right there.

Quote:
What does OOP have to do with XMIT?

I'll tell you exactly what. If the DCC SEND code is object oriented only a maximum of a dozen lines needs to be changed to support XMIT. And any one who is good enough to program mIRC in the first place can change a dozen lines in less than an hour.
If I make any assumptions I am a poor coder? That is why I get paid $20 an hour to code right? Must be. Oh and one of my contracts I currently have is to program an IRC client for a provate network. That is why I made this suggestion in the first place. My client follows the latest RTFs and the only reason I have to support SEND is because of mIRC (I have to code XMIT as part of the job).

Code:
Let me introduce you to a wonderful invention... it's called the Internet 

What guerentee is there that someone who scripts it would upload it. How many hundreds of scripts are there out there that only exist on one computer?

Code:
 *begins laughing* 

The goal of most projects is to provide the most functionality without imparing existing functionality. XMIT will add additional functionality and will not impare any existing functions.

* "thank God you're a psychic and know this. Also it's nice how an hour is "not alot of time" If I had a free hour, I'd be very happy. I'm lucky if I have 30 minutes of free time each day, so just because you have nothing to do and an hour seems short, doesn't mean it is for everyone, ok? (Again assumptions)" - If the programmer(s) can not spare an hour then there is no time to impliment any of the suggestions in this section of the message board. So why have this section?

* "It is the newer clients responsibility to maintain support with older clients" - I am programmer of a "newer client" and I so maintain backwards compatibilty but as such I need to maintain compatibility with clients that support XMIT too. My suggetsion to add XMIT was simply that, a suggestion. I don't even know why I have argues it so long.

* "Will take time away from other project" - my hour estimate is an educated estimate. I know it can not be too far off. I'll give the benefit of a doubt and say 8 hours (which is way more time than it should take).

[b]This is taking up way to much of my time to be worth it. I am not that loyal an advocate of XMIT to care. This is a SUGGESTION forum. I am sorry for my assumtion that you guys were mature and open enough to actualy listen to suggestions. It is people with your hostility that give internet chat a bad name.
Again I appologize for thinking you guys are mature.
This is my probibaly my last post at this forum. I am not gonna defend this further because quite frankly I don't give a damn if it is added or not so why waste my time arguing it. The only reason I have kept up so long is because members of this forum are personaly attacking me. Insults are a sign of insecurity. And no I am not being hypocrytical, I am insecure myself right now, as any one would be when attacked with such vigor.
IT WAS a FRIENDLY SUGGESTION that is all. If you guys don't want it then it is fine by me. But do not personaly attack me. I have done no harm to any of you jet this forum has harrashed and abused me.
Don't bother trying to argue, I will not argue back (I do not have the time), it will just prove my point about your immaturity.[b]