honds, do you have a brain defiency?

Quote:

File leachers? You are worried about those?
What ebout people who use IRC to hold meetings and transfer project files (yes, I do know people who do that)....

Well umm... why isn't anyone here saying "I NEED XMIT BECAUSE I SHARE PROJECT FILES OVER IRC!!!" I have yet to hear a single person argue that. So either a.) you made it up, or b.) those people think DCC SEND is just fine for their needs.

Quote:

If the developers are using an object oriented programming language, XMIT will take less than an hour to program. I know, I am a programmer myself. Last I checked an hour is not a lot of time.

What does OOP have to do with XMIT? Is there already an XMIT lib out there? One that is free to use in proprietary software? And saying it will take one hour and that "you are a programmer myself" just made me laugh. When was it your saw the mIRC source code again? Oh wait you haven't! ANY programmer (even the worst ones in the world) can tell you you can NEVER get an ETA of adding a feature when you have not seen the base code. So don't make up garbage just to sound fancy. And if you are in fact a programmer, based on the stuff you've said, I hope I never use any of your software because with the assumptions you are making it is likely riddled with bugs, "Oh well I assume no one will ever type /invite nick %s so why check for formatting errors?" Well as the BitchX coders can tell you, yes someone will use /invite nick %s, and yes old versions of BitchX will crash. If you make ANY assumptions in coding, you are a poor coder.

Quote:

Script it?
Ok, so either one programmer codes it in or every one who wants support needs to script it. Also, what about people who odn't know how to script?

Let me introduce you to a wonderful invention... it's called the Internet, you may not have heard of it I know, it's pretty much an "underground" thing, they are trying to keep word from spreading. But anyway, I'll spill the beans, see the Internet is a place where you can put a file on a place called a "website" and other Internet users can download it! So for example, this script, you could put it on a website, and all those users who can't script can go and download it! And saying everyone needs to script it is solved too... you see those people can also go and download it!

Quote:

And yes, RFC date does matter. Because numerous other RFCs have been released announcing additions to the IRC and CTCP formats. So mIRC is going to ignore the new RFCs and consentrate on the old one?

*begins laughing* are you talking abour RFC281* aka The IRCNet protocol? Those RFCs ONLY apply to the IRCNet network, and ARE NOT THE NEW IRC PROTOCOL. NO other IRCds are going to adopt those RFCs. They are a blatent attempt by IRCNet to dictate the IRC protocol for everyone else. As for the CTCP RFCs, thats even more laughable! THERE IS NO CTCP RFC.

* Will only take an hour to program - thank God you're a psychic and know this. Also it's nice how an hour is "not alot of time" If I had a free hour, I'd be very happy. I'm lucky if I have 30 minutes of free time each day, so just because you have nothing to do and an hour seems short, doesn't mean it is for everyone, ok? (Again assumptions)
* Will allow support for newer clients - It is the "newer clients" responsibility to maintain support with older clients, not the other way around.
* Will comply with the newest RFCs - Which RFCs? Give me the numbers, I just searched RFC-editor (the official RFC source) for "CTCP" it's response, "Sorry, please try again".
* Will save scriptors time and give the feature to people who don't know how to script. - Again, welcome to the internet! You can download other people's scripts!

* Will take time away from other project - as I said, I do consider an hour a lot of time, and an hour is YOUR number, not Khaled's which in my mind is equivilent to me just saying "no it will take 8 months".
* Will allow leachers/pirates to do faster transfer - How come /fsend on isn't good enough? It removes the ACKs which is exactly you "pro" for XMIT.
* IRC is a chat client - IM != IRC.

Summary:
Yea I know it's long so a quick summary, don't make up information which you clearly did, you have NO idea that it will take 1 hour, you guessed, you also claim there are CTCP RFCs, which there are not. And you even claim that the new RFC281* are the new IRC protocol, which it certainly is not! Check your facts next time, you'll sound a lot more convincing when you don't get caught in lies...