> You hardley ever used IRC to transfer files? Let me guess,
> is file transfers on IRC too slow?

Nope, because I use IRC to *shock gasp* chat and on occasion exchange pictures... though typically most people these days have a page and they just say the URL. The only other file sending that I do (or, well, used to do now) is sending scripts to people or them sending the scripts to me to check. And as most scripts weigh in at only a few kb, speed is of absolutely no real consequence.

> Why do you even comment on this subject if you never
> send files over IRC?

a) This subject is related to mIRC, so I'll comment.
b) I did not say that I never send files using mIRC. I said I hardly send files.

> You don't have to look at it. Just stay away, it's easy.

Leeching affects IRC networks in general. How many file server bots are online at the moment? How many advertisements are being spurted around giving away the latest fserv trigger? Heaps. I may not _see_ the difference but it will be noticeable in terms of performance of the network.

> And
> why should these warez-junkies stop us other from having
> the latest/best features?

Compared to the existing DCC system, it's not much of a step up. There are pros and cons to using the latest features and in this case it is IMHO that the feature is not sufficiently beneficial to justify it being implemented into mIRC, especially when it can be script. Also, best is such an opinionated word, whats best for one is not the best for another, especially when put in a context, and hence does not provide a valid reason for the promotion of the feature.

> I think you should use your energy
> to get Kazaa off the net. :P

Then they'd all go to mIRC and I'd be doomed :P

> I still don't see how it hurts you?

Network performance degrading from the bots, the spam from advertising triggers, etc... which all results from leecher activity.

And I still don't see how it benefits the average user sufficiently to justify it being hard coded in. Once again, if you're so eager, script it. Perhaps you should stop posting in this thread and just script an XMIT script and release it and let people choose for themselves. That's what scripting is all about.

> And why are you
> saying "we"? Who are you speaking for?

'We' was used as a generalisation and was not representative of any specific people.

> And why are you
> happier if they send files over IM? What's the difference for
> you?

Because then they are not on the IRC network clogging it up, nor are they building a reputation for mIRC as the 'preferred leechers software (tm)'.

> And again, why are you fighting so hard if you never even
> send files over IRC? I really want to know that!

I never stated that I NEVER send files over IRC. You've misread my posts.