Who sais that when typing , and doing Ctrl+K it doesnt come p with the option of doing the old codes or new ones.
a little colour pallate. or maybe even we can do :dark-blue,light-green: and use a syntax liek that for "presets" ?
- Using Ctrl+K for the colours was just an example for the sake of my post. If any 'feature' using hex colours with Ctrl+K was used it would break a whole lot of everything. And if people will end up using a select few presets anyway, why not just use the existing 16 colours? Or just implement additional colours using the remaining 83 2-digit colour codes which would be completely backwards compatible?
seeing as more colours is brought up all of the time. why not just acept its oging to happen. simply cos alot of people out there want it to happen.
- Simply because *alot* (although I'd greatly dispute that) of people want something, doesn't mean they're correct or that they've even thought it through. Besides, there are also a whole lot of people who don't want it.
but none the less why condemn something that hasnt been tried yet? why try stopping somethign before it is tried. why not give it a go and see if it sucseeds?
- Because once something like that is done it's damn near impossible to undo. And just because it hasn't been tried doesn't mean that we can't foresee the shortcomings/problems of such a situation beforehand.
i dont know why the initial colour codes werent broken up as. :5,0:512MB RAM ... and so on.. allowing numbers next to numbers
- It takes less text to use double-digits then your example. :5,0:
uses 6-8 digits, the current way (5,00
) only requires 5-6 (or 4-6 if it's below 10 and you know it it won't be followed by a number).
Evolution is only inevitable. Why not embrace it and help make the change SMOOOOTHE!
- It's only called 'evolution' if it makes things better and it's successful. The suggestion here IMHO wouldn't fulfill either criteria.