mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
O
Olathe Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
O
In the mIRC editor, pressing Ctrl-F will allow you to replace text. If you hold down Enter or press space rapidly, it will replace a lot of instances of the text rapidly, but sometimes it will insert a new-line or space right before the replaced text.

I realize that clicking All will replace all instances without this problem, but I didn't want to replace all instances.

Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
You may notice that the "Replace Text" dialog flashes, this may be the issue, as the Remote Editor becomes focused and your keyboard cache still has an 'enter' in it, so it performs the enter in that window.

You won't like it when I get angry.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It is only coincidence that mIRC's find operations were fast enough to keep up with your keyboard's repeat rate... and when mIRC hits an especially large gap between matches, your keyboard sends that keypress before it is needed.

Solutions:
1.) Manually press enter/ space only when the find dialog apears.
2.) Lower your keyboard's typomatic rate under Start > Settings > Control Panel > Keyboard.

(To Khaled:) Could you please make the Script Editor's Find dialog remember its position when moved, instead of constantly reappearing in the center of the Script Editor where it is most obstructive. crazy

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard