mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
R
I've found one discussion using simply 10053. This had nothing to do with my issue. I've been using ver. 6.21 for years. For the last, say 6 months, I will get disconnected just out of the blue and this 10053 code came up in the status window. I started believing it was due to an old version so, I upgraded to 6.43 (new install, all new settings, etc.). It still happened so, I did the latest update to 7.55. Still does it. Not as often but, it is still happening and getting a bit annoying.
Any suggestions or a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Unfortunately 10053 is just a generic winsock connection error, so it becomes very difficult to track down.

Some of the things that can help:

* Connect via SSL (use ports +6697 or +7000 or whatever for that particular server -- you must include the plus symbol before the port number to indicate SSL). This can stop network hardware or ISPs from disconnecting plain-text TCP sessions that it believes should be terminated or timed-out.

* Connect via hard wire, and not wirelessly. Use an ethernet cable instead of WiFi. Use Cable/DSL instead of wireless services.

* Open up your network adapters and delete the network adapter, then reboot Windows. This is called refreshing your network stack. A new one will be created again and clear out some dead wood.

* Disable or uninstall your nonsense antivirus / internet security software. Use virustotal.com instead when you download files.

* Replace your network router / switch.

* Don't use Bittorrent. You're exceeding the number of TCP sessions allowed by your OS and network hardware.

... and others I'm sure. But those are common ones.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Originally Posted by Raccoon
you must include the plus symbol before the port number to indicate SSL

Made my day! Thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard