mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#254157 25/07/15 07:53 AM
T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
T
I generally am connected to multiple servers with multiple channels in each. Previous versions I would click on a channel to see whats going on, click on it again to go back to where I was. In 7.42 this 'going back' randomly works.. sometimes clicking on the channel takes me back to the channel with the previous focus on the same network.. sometimes one on a different network.. the 'scope' of where the last focus seems to randomize. Thus making it somewhat unpredictable to check in on a channel when clicking on it again takes me back to a different channel than I would expect.

For example I'm connected to Freenode with 10 channels, Efnet with 15 channels, SynIRC with 3 channels.

If I click on a channel on Efnet then click on a channel for Freenode.. re-clicking on the channel takes me back and forth between these two.. working as expected. When on a Freenode channel, clicking on a different freenode channel on/off it takes me back to the Efnet channel. Clicking again on that Efnet channel... takes me to a different efnet channel. Thus why do some channels take me to previous network while some take me to a channel on the same network.. I don't care which it does as long as its consistent in its behavior.

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K

T
OP Offline
T
yep sounds just like it.. glad im not crazy

T
OP Offline
T
alright downgraded to 7.41.. so much better. it was just killing my workflow trying to live with the 7.42 bug smirk

however you fix the bug in the upcoming version, please make the function work like it did in 7.41

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Khaled released a beta version with a fix for this bug, take a look here https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/225704

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
T
OP Offline
T
yep just tried it out, confirm that mIRC 7.42 beta1 fixes the bug for me. TY!

J
Babel fish
Babel fish
J
Seems like with 7.42 when I have "on top" checked and i click on window tat im on it wont return to the previous window I was last on, like it did with 7.41. It goes to the server window instead.

Last edited by JH1354; 29/07/15 02:53 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
JH1354: Are you experiencing this issue with beta1 or just v7.42? If you are not using beta1, please try it out and let us know how it works out, as it should resolve this issue.

J
Babel fish
Babel fish
J
Thanks seems to be fine with the beta smirk

Link Copied to Clipboard