Print Thread
#210510 18/03/09 05:37 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I just got to think about how mIRC can receive dangerous codes, any way i can make a small alias or something that prevent it from run on all texts? or do i need to filter every event? query - DCC - Topic or Channel text ?

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I thought mirc had the lock option to disable run?

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Messages you receive can only be dagerous (technically) if executed or evaluated by your script - or it should be classified as exploit, to be fixed by Khaled.
Instead of attempts to halt or filter, why don't you prevent evaluation/execution wherever not desired?

Edit: oh, you don't mean received msg but inputs? or third party scripts?

Last edited by Horstl; 18/03/09 05:58 PM.
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Both, some channels had a topic that infected you with "script.ini" i believe they named it, that means you receive the dangerous text, and yes, some fetures can be locked true mirc, but if a script needs it to be "unlocked", then it's wide open.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Well, how can a topic infect you with something? If vanilla mIRC is evaluating channel topics in some circumstances this should go to bug reports (and I doubt it does) - or the evaluation is done by a script, so that script has to be reconsidered and fixed - and I'm sure someone here will be able to assist if necessary and if you track down the relevant part(s).

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
I'd like to see real proof of a topic infecting someone.

S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
It was saved to the log file (if you was logging), and from there triggered somehow, i don't remember how. but as i said before the infection was named script.ini and loaded in to mirc the next time you started it.

Link Copied to Clipboard