i want to take this time and continue on a thread created by siyavesh.

This user has created a program that will give the SAME transparency features to mirc as Xchat has. i dont care what anyone else says about the set layer stuff. i know the differences in what each client offers.

but. the program he has created is a very useful tool. i use it all the time. now with the population on irc growing STILL in the millions. and there being someone (only one person) such as me who uses this transparency program. wouldnt it be safe to say that there are probably hundreds if not thousands of other users who might find this lil program useful?

so why delete where it can be found? and who they can ask for problems.

granted that the thread that was created had some unreasonable tones. why not just delete those flames like you moderators do with everyone elses posts and leave his personal information there? after all. wouldnt it be his choice to leave certain personal information as is if he so choses to do so?

as far as deleting where the program can be found. i dont see it as advertising. for the fact that there is no self gain in the matter. he saw a opportunity to offer something to the mirc users and took it upon himself to release it.

and if someone tries to come back at this with the "oh, its probably got a virus" bit. just keep in mind that im sure that no one on this board has never once downloaded something that wasnt entirely legal or has never cracked a program or has never downloaded something from a site that they have never been to before. besides. i dont think someone who writes a program to help and posts it on the boards would give out a virus after openly stating their name, origin and whatever else information.

now the only reason i took the time out of my day to write this is because i noticed that certain moderators have taken it upon themselves to make the decisions for thousands of other people who i believe all have the right to make their own choice. and when i see a moderator taking it upon themselves to make a decision based on the wrong reasons such as blunt hatred or dislike for someone else. its a little childish in my eyes.

of course i, myself am guilty of doing such things towards mentality. we have had or rotten spots with oneanother. but we both know we have valid points and disagreements and have learned that they are just opinions and different forms of helping people.

so all i ask is next time someone posts a fix or a feature that can be used in or conjunction with mirc. just let it go. take it upon yourself to test it out. show the good points and the bad points. test it for a virus. but for christs sake. dont delete it cause of dislikes.

any comments to what i have just written. please send me a private msg. because i will not read nor respond in the post. so replying to this with intention on me reading it will be a waste of time

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk