I see now that our definitions of "implied agreements" are very different. Over here (Norway again) a EULA or a MOTD has about a million to one chance of passing as an implied agreement or an agreement of any sort, even if the user has expressly clicked an "I agree" button or something similar. It's often puzzled me how foreign servers and web sites can present users with huge licenses and contracts when they never collect a single signature. I guess that's exactly the same issue we're dealing with here.

As for the ban evasion itself, I agree that it's noone's right to evade a blanket ban, but I think that also goes for setting a ban, or just being on IRC in general. I agree with the URL being removed, since I obviously posted it being mindless of the forum rules, but I won't agree that setting a ban is any more ethical than evading it. What is unethical is connecting to IRC and bothering other users, but the above poster doesn't seem at all like a bother to me.

Anyway, interesting discussion... It just shows how different the views on Internet usage still are, especially with regards to connecting to other peoples' servers.