Must you continually voice your opinion as if newbies to the Internet/IRC are some sort of sub-species? They are not. Everyone has to learn. I was 12 when I started chatting, 14 when I started using IRC. Many would disapprove of that in itself, but look where I am now helping others out with what I myself have learnt from observation and a little bit of experience.

Plus, sometimes the simplest of options can evade people's notice because they've never had to use something like it before. Whilst this is unlikely with CTRL+F for someone who's been using computers for a number of months, to someone who, say, bought a computer last month and downloaded mIRC via a friend's suggestion (this DOES happen), they may not have known about it.

Not knowing a (simple) feature, even if it's part of most programs, does not prevent people from being intelligent, nor does it render their fingers useless - they could be the nicest people you ever met, and in a couple of years, be here helping others, passing their knowledge on.

As for the original suggestion, I think it's a nice idea, no problems with it myself smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris