You already stated that you are not in favor of DCC2 for mIRC.. Just thought I'd add in support for being against DCC2 in mIRC.

Not only for the valid fear that IRC would turn into a community of file tradings and would eventually become the downfall of it, but for the simple fact that there are many other concepts/ideas that could be developed to aid with data communication between people and better integration with new IRC's as they come out.

There have been times when I have wanted to send multiple files at one time - from me to myself (another computer in the house), and I use a home IRC to get that going. I select multiple files, fill up my little mirc "taskbar" with DCC's, and transfer files in less than half the time than if I had used AIM, Windows Explorer, FTP, etc. But other than that, with all the other file sharing communities out there, there is no need to develop other DCC's to make it easier to turn IRC into one of them.

I would much rather see something developed that is similar to DCC chat/send where it would be for brief data exchange, such as scripts being able to share data, without having to break down the method of transfer (to avoid flooding) but also without having to worry about possible connection problems due to firewalls and the like. But then again, I haven't tried looking for scripts that already do this to try to assimilate their methods, as I don't need it just yet.

grin