Hi there smile

Firstly, we can get the idea from ONE person, it's rather annoying to be "ganged" up on, all three of you have posted the same opinion and contributed nothing more with each post, therefore, you'll receive the same replies with ONE post that you will with three. Oh, and we don't care that you're ___ administrators so repeating it all the time is equally as unnecessary :tongue:

Remember that hacking in general (and yes, I know the difference between hacking & cracking so don't give me a speech about that) is frowned upon by many. Also realise there are numerous DLLs out there that can change mIRC's features. The mIRC icon does not need changing - virtually everyone likes it and I think 99% prefer it to it's predecessor (I certainly do). The feature that prevents renaming mIRC.exe without having it at least begin with the acronym 'mIRC' is to help towards cutting down on spreading it as a virus. I don't know if there are other underlying reasons for it, but that's one of them - and it's a good one. As you say, you understand that attempts are made to cut down on malicious acts using mIRC, and unfortunately, those that are trustworthy and non-abusive do suffer from the actions of those abusive users.

There are also numerous ways in which the look of mIRC can be edited. You can use the /background command, and the buttons can be changed. Right click on the toolbar and you will see options to change the background and buttons. Right click the switchbar to change the background on that. You can also change various display settings by either right clicking the toolbar and choosing "Options" or going to ALT+O > Display. Dialogs also fit in with the Windows theme if one is set.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Last edited by ParaBrat; 08/03/04 07:50 PM.

Mentality/Chris