I think it's about time we closed this discussion. Lets explain WHY mIRC has yet to produce anything in terms of intergrating propriatory IM software within the program.
First, mIRC is just that - mIRC, not MSN Messenger, not AOL Instant Messenger or any other IM client. It is designed to connect to IRC servers and provide a client interface to the user so that he/she can communicate via the IRC protocol. It is not designed to connect to other types of network, and I don't think Khaled will ever intend for it to do so.
Second, I do not see why people can't use one of the features mIRC WAS designed to use in order to get onto IM networks. Khaled put scripting into the client in order for the user to be creative and so that the user could implement any extra tools he/she may require using the client. Now, from memory - most of the leading mIRC scripting websites, ie www.mircscripts.org have really good addons that allow the user to connect to such IM services. IMO, I think trying to hardcode IM services into a client that uses an entirely DIFFERENT protocol is a WASTE of time.
Third, if you see that it's a popular subject, but it isnt getting much praise, don't come back and try and raise it when it is OBVIOUSLY not a wanted feature. It has been said that these features are not voted one, and popularity DOESNT win for Khaled. Khaled has limited resources, including time, and he doesnt visit the boards often, don't waste what little time he uses here on insisting that a feature should be implemented.

Apologies for the flame, I felt like correcting some foolish people for the night - have a good one guys...

The Illusion