*Sigh* Hasn't this topic been done several times over?

You know there are a lot of people who share your views, and I can sympathise, I really can. The fact is that mIRC 's "language" was meant for people to use to accomplish simple tasks to enhance their IRC experience. Out of generousity, many like to release these scripts so other may benefit from them, and perhaps learn as well. Despite the going trend, not many scripts are "ripped". Infact, many are given credit to, maybe portions copied and pasted, but [almost] never duplicated as a whole. Its not like you're ever going to see someone go download NoNameScript, change a few variable, and re-release it as "EliteScript" or whatever the cool name might be.

Be realistic, and realise that mirc scripts are not something you make and sell for profit. You don't release your scripts so that you can make a living off of them. You release them so other can benefit. Who cares if they rip it. Are you that insecure that you care if someone renames a file and calls it their own? If anything you should be flattered they saw it as such a fine piece of work that they wanted to have the ownership of it. If it's that big a deal, release your script to large scripting sites such as mircscripts.org, mirc.net scriptsdb, etc. Then the next time *if* someone "rips" your code, you can just as easily say "hey, look at <site here>. My scripts has the same exact thing, and it was released a month ago-- they used my code". I mean that's what you want, right? The warm feeling inside claiming your own work from someone whom stole yours?

I mean comeon people, lighten up. Its just a script. You're not going to be killed if you don't get credit for "Ultra leet DCC Server v1.3" "Super Away System v0.04" "CoolScript (v5.3)". If you don't want people to take your stuff, then keep it to yourself. If you do want to help people and rise above the pettyness of being greedy to a piece of code that may have taken you days to write, then release your script. Simple as that.

-KingTomato