You're right, I mean I'll give credit where credit is due, mIRC changed the way IRC works. I'm not trying to downplay that, all I'm trying to say is, in my opinion, mIRC is no longer the ultimate client that it once was. Computers are the kinda things that change daily, you have to keep up with the changes or be left in the dust.

But, I won't say I'm always right. Before version 6.0, I was one of the people most strongly against multi-server support, anytime someone suggested it I shot it down as much as I could. Now, I use multi-server support on a daily basis, usually on 3-4 servers all the time. So I'm not trying to say I'm always right, which is what a lot of people seem to think, I'm trying to get the point across that this isn't just "codemastr doesn't like 6.1X" it's "a lot of people don't like 6.1X."

Again, mIRC is Khaled's baby, the final call is his. But keep this in mind, 3-4 years ago when Linux really started to become something that most computer geeks were familiar with, MS basically said "Linux? Who cares about them, Windows is the #1 OS and it will always be the #1 OS, we aren't worried one bit!" Now, MS is pretty much shaking in their boots. They've launched numerous attacks to try and stop people from using Linux, they've implemented the "shared source" program to become more open-source oriented, they've added the "trusted computing initiative" to try and show that closed source programs can have exploits fixed just as fast as open source, etc. My point? Don't think because mIRC is #1 today that 2-3 years from now it will still be. There are MANY excellent IRC clients out there, each of them dying to be the next mIRC, and in my opinion, if mIRC keeps on the development track it is currently on, that day is near. You think ircii ever thought it would be virtually dead? Think that pirch thought it would go from #2 down to almost no users? I doubt it...