I believe all Sound Editor programs, such as Cool Edit and Sound Forge have a feature in them called Tone Generator. You can generate a very high pitch tone with this, but it wont be very far out of the range of human hearing, and probably wont make your dog go very nuts (but it turns my cats' heads). Your sound equipment is also designed for human ears, and for this reason won't play the tones that would significantly distract your dog.   But it's worth a try.

A typical PCM .WAV file has a resolution of 44 Khz (or 44,100 Hz) (CD Quality).
This is the best quality sound file that most soundcards can playback.
This means that you can record or generate and play-back a tone up to 22,050 hertz.

Typical speaker systems can produce sound between 80 - 20,000 Hz with sub-woofers typically going as low as 27 or 22 Hz and some tweeters boasting 24,000 Hz (and 40,000 Hz?)

The typical adult human ear can only hear sounds as low as 16-30 Hz to 15,000-20,000 Hz if you're lucky and don't listen to loud music or work around machinery or mow the lawn.

A dog can hear from about 70 Hz and up to 100,000 Hz, with a typical dog whilstle at 30,000 Hz. I imagine a dog also receives significant hearing damage from the sounds of household machinery and airplanes and such, sounds that we may not even be aware of. Something to consider if your dog's mood shifts, becoming suddenly depressed or anxious.

Behold the power of Google. smirk
- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!