That moderator was correct, in general we have no way of knowing who locked a thread or deleted a post. I say "in general" because it is possible two or more of us may have had a discussion about a specific issue regarding a thread/post. If someone else locks a thread i wouldnt unlock it either since i may not be aware of any discussions that moderator had about it or what they may have seen that i didnt. I can recall a couple that were locked not due to the original content, but due to repeated abusive behavior by other posters. The only way to put a stop to it efficiently was to delete those posts and lock the thread. I can also think of multiple abusive posts on a thread that "innocent" users replied to, and once the abusive ones were removed, didnt make much sense to leave the replies. Any useful content caught in the middle, i usually create a post including those with nicks, not out of the realm of possibility that a "good" post could occasionally get lost in the mayhem tho, im not perfect.

Honestly, since i know all the moderators pretty well (and for several years) i do tend to trust their judgement and feel confident they have good reason for their decisions about deleting/locking. Of course, none of us is perfect, but I cant recall any locked thread that it wasnt clear to me one way or another why it was locked or that i thought shouldnt have been.

In future, if i lock a thread i will try to create a post stating i was the one who locked it even tho the why is clear so you can remove me from your polling list. However, as i've said before, in the event another poster was the cause i will gladly state the why, but not the who. I see no point in creating bad feelings amongst posters just because someone had a bad day or lost their patience.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet