I frequently read this board and can't even count how many thousands of times I've read you calling someone/something dumb or stupid. You say you come here to discuss as the description of the board says, but I'm yet to discover what is the value of this post of yours as a discussion here. Regardless of what your point is, no one here needs or wants to know what you think it's dumb, so I guess you can't say things like this here.
My post was not valuable? He asked for a way to tell if something was a URL, I gave him a script to do it. How is that not valuable? Seems valuable to me. As I said, if he didn't actually want someone to provide a script, he never should have asked for it. If he would have just said "mIRC needs an isurl" I would have left it at my first post, there is no uniform way to define a URL. However, he also said he wanted a script that does it and he provided the definition of the URL he wanted used, I therefore provided the script. He then complained about the script. All I meant was, if he didn't want a script, why did he ask for one? After that he then corrected himself saying he meant was there already an isurl builtin, and if you notice, at that point I said nothing further. I don't see how any of that is invaluable.
In this specific thread, the guy wants the identifier built-in, he thinks your solution is complex, so what?
First off, he DID NOT ask for a built in identifier (originally), he asked if there was a way to do it already, I've now provided him with two seperate ways of doing it in a 2 line script.
It's his view, not yours; you don't have the right to throw to him your personal view as a better one and diminish his one. It's simple.
Yes it is his view, and thats fine. However, I don't see why mIRC should be made slower by having to process an additional operator simply because he doesn't want to copy/paste a 1 line script. As I said, if that is ok, well then I want a $gt because I hate typing out $gettok each time. Typing $gt will make it take me half the time to type it. However if I made a post "mIRC needs $gt because $gettok is too long" you and I both know I'd get nothing but laughs.
excessively disgusting to read someone flaming the way you do (and I can see in other threads that I'm not the only one).
You yell at me for flaming him... what are you doing right now, useful dialog? Did you forget that this formum has a private message feature and that you could send your complaint directly to me? I doubt it; you chose to post this in public, for all to see. How exactly does that give you the right to tell me what to do? You're doing the same exact thing.
That said, please stop being rude here and there when you can't seem to convince a person. It's ridiculous, disgusting, it decreases both your credibility and the level of this board - this one being what a lot of people here are concerned with. People could lose the interest of posting suggestions if they expect someone to come, disagree and call them dumb for a reason they don't know yet.
I did not call him dumb, so please don't imply that I did. I said saying a ONE LINE SCRIPT is complex is dumb. He wants an alias made that is an alias for that single $regex line. I mean if this is added, then we need tons of other things. isemail, ischannelname, is...... All of those can be scripted very easily. Fine, you can say $regex is complex, but as I've demonstrated, and you should know, this same thing can be done using only $left, which is far from complex.
Furthermore, I'm tired of people saying I "attack" people and then attacking me as a result. If you don't like me, when you see "By: codemastr" you can just skip right over it to the next post. If you don't want to read what I have to say, then don't read it, don't complain to me because you don't like what I say. Except for maybe 1-2 incidents, the person I supposidely insulted has never complained to me about what I've said, it has always been people, like yourself, who had nothing to do with the original debate who decided to jump into it. If the original poster did not like what I had to say, how come he/she didn't complain to me? But, if you or anyone else feels like writing a post like this again, what I suggest you do is, to paraphrase the standard Unix BOFH phrase, just delete it instead, because that's all I'm going to do anyway.