Quote:

Well that has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"I think mIRC should have a $gt because $gettok is long, I could just do alias gt, but thats too complex"

I frequently read this board and can't even count how many thousands of times I've read you calling someone/something dumb or stupid. You say you come here to discuss as the description of the board says, but I'm yet to discover what is the value of this post of yours as a discussion here. Regardless of what your point is, no one here needs or wants to know what you think it's dumb, so I guess you can't say things like this here.

In this specific thread, the guy wants the identifier built-in, he thinks your solution is complex, so what? It's his view, not yours; you don't have the right to throw to him your personal view as a better one and diminish his one. It's simple.
I couldn't care less if you take the whole day to argue about it's general value as an utility - although it seemed there wasn't anything left to be discussed - as I can filter what I read; but I'm not the only one who has to do that almost everytime your nick appears and, sometimes, it's just excessively disgusting to read someone flaming the way you do (and I can see in other threads that I'm not the only one).

That said, please stop being rude here and there when you can't seem to convince a person. It's ridiculous, disgusting, it decreases both your credibility and the level of this board - this one being what a lot of people here are concerned with. People could lose the interest of posting suggestions if they expect someone to come, disagree and call them dumb for a reason they don't know yet.

This is my unique post about this here, as I don't want to disturb the thread anymore. Next ones could be private, if you reply and if I bother to reply back.
Of course, I'm scaling all these feelings and needs in its own proportion, which is the proportion of something coming from an Internet webboard. No need to think about me worrying too much about this issue, I'm perfectly fine.

Thanks

Last edited by cold; 23/08/03 08:30 PM.

* cold edits his posts 24/7