It is hideous.

I've just spend the last two days trying to get a dialog to dock and run smoothly with ktools.dll and mIRC's dialog system, and I've simply given up trying. It's just really hideous (I did actually succeed, but the code was hideous, and I got to a certain point, and gave up, due to the extreme complexity of the code, and the task).

The hardest thing about dialogs, is that they aren't dockable.

So could this be put in? But if it is, please try and make it so that we can switch seamlessly between windows, and have it change accordingly. Don't forget to be able to use $snicks (yes, it works, but I've only ever had success with getting it to work with a whois command, and I know I've tried my hardest to make it loop through and do multiple bans, but it just won't.). Perhaps even being able to "tie" the docked window to the active channel name, so we can actually use $chan, or $window($active) whilst a dialog is open and running (I know I'd love this, I'm sick of setting global and local vars till the cows come home, and I'm sick of the dirty code I've got lying around doing a job half arsed).

I can only imagine that this would require a complete rebuild of the graphical engine, and wouldn't be available in the next version, but hey, Longhorn is around the corner, so perhaps we might see some changes then. I can only hope.

I'd also like to see the addition of true multi column listboxes, and being able to deselect an item in a listbox by clicking in the whitespace of the listbox.

So, here the fun begins.

*neophyte dons the asbestos suit just in case of flameage

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)